Triverest is a big sporting challenge and it requires a certain amount of preparation. What does it take to compete? Besides a lot of endurance and some skill there is, of course, necessary equipment needed. The athletes handbook covers all the important information on the race course and technical requirements. To make it easier, we have compiled a list of items you need to prepare for the event.
What are the minimal requirements to participate in TRIVEREST?
► Solo and Team of two
- 1 support vehicle. No mobile homes.
- Mandatory 1 support crew member- (recommendation of two support crew members) (to drive and navigate the support car and help the athlete)
- 1 racing bike with superior lighting system incl. spare batteries Back: red light/ Front: white light. Lights must be a steady stream. No blinking rear lights per swiss road laws.
- Clothes for all weather conditions.
- Food for athlete and crew.
- Mobile phone for each person.
- Reflecting safety vest for all crew members and athletes (must be worn at all times at night for athletes and all day and night for crew members)
- Bicycle Navigational System and knowledge of its use ( example; Garmin) GPS tracks will be available for download and must be used on the bike section
- Head Lamp-for run
- Reflective tap- for bike
- Recevoir that holds 1 liter of liquid-for run
- light rain/wind jacket with hood-for run
- Racing/walking sticks are not mandatory but may be used
- wetsuits are not mandatory but are recommended
- There will be a mandatory gear check. If all gear is not in your possession during the required time you will be removed from the race.